template

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Food Coma

Im in a food coma right now and I had to put my stretchy pants on for the occasion :P  Tonight I made the most amazingly easy dinner I've done in a long while!  Its a creamy goodness that my food baby belly has thoroughly enjoyed tonight!

When I was working at one of the elementary schools, the nurse I was following shared this little gem of a dish and of course I had to make it immediately!  Here it is so you can feed your food baby too:

**Put this in the crockpot in the morning before work/school and it'll be ready at dinner time!

4-6 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2-8 oz packages of cream cheese
2 packages of italian dressing seasoning
container of fresh mushrooms
**asparagus - my add in and it was a good call for this dish!

Egg Noodes
**I used brown rice instead
**I also substituted everything for low or fat free items to keep the calories down!

In the crockpot I layered the food in the following order:  chicken/italian dressing sprinkled over the chicken/cream cheese/soup/mushrooms/asparagus.

I served this over brown rice and it was heaven, however you can serve this also over egg noodles if you prefer.  This makes A LOT of sauce, so I think for myself next time I will reduce this recipe by 1 can of soup and 1 package of cream cheese to make it healthier, plus I usually prefer more veggies than sauce anyways.

Disfrute! Besos!

Go.Be.Love

No comments:

Post a Comment