template

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

NYC ... Italian Men Heaven

So first let me just say this ... can the Italian men in NYC being any hotter? Seriously when I left I told my sister-in-law, Anna, to frequent a nearby restaurant because I spotted such a hottie on my last day there! Oh.Yes.I.Did! Maybe it's an accent thing ... this girl loves a hot accent! Mwah!

I arrived in NYC, exhausted, sad, happy, frazzled ... let's just say I was experiencing emotion overload! Lol! Awe the joys of being a women ... girls you know what I'm talking about here! I was so excited to see my family, I missed them so much! Plus, they are my people! In an emotional state you really need your people to surround you with their goodness and support!

Anna, Olga, and my nephew Yiakos greeted me with big smiles when I arrived ... sigh ... was so glad to see their comforting faces! We immediately entered into New York traffic and headed back to Anna's parents home located in the Bay Ridge area of Brooklyn. Anna's parents are so wonderful, her mom had coffee and breakfast ready for me every morning ... so sweet! Her dad and I shared many mornings with coffee in hand chatting, mainly him trying to convince me to move to New York. It was pretty funny and cute, I think he figured if he could get me to move to New York then maybe Ben and Anna would move as well! Heart! Oooh ... lol ... one of the ways he was trying to convince me was telling me that the men in New York are the best!


Photobucket

Anna and I walked around the Bay Ridge area, sightseeing and shopping ... oh and of course frequently my love ... Starbucks! When I was in New York they were going through a heat wave at this time ... yes it was hotter than Spain! And don't get me started on the humidity! I was swollen in Spain but in New York I was even more swollen if you can believe it! It was lovely waking up in the morning trying to figure out what to wear when all your clothes fit extremely tight ... argh! Instead of walking around NYC to see some of the sites, I bought ferry tour tickets for myself, Anna and the little ones. It was a nice cool ride around the bridges, ground zero and the statue of liberty! The way to see them especially during a heat wave ... the breeze from the water felt so amazing!


Photobucket

My loves! I just heart my familia! Faces like this make my heart happy:



Photobucket

Pictures from my NYC Adventures:

Photobucket

This bakery was amazing! You could smell it from blocks away! Another perk? Hot Italian men worked there ... and boy were they "workin it!" :P


Photobucket

My friend, from Bonney Lake, (Tiegan) moved to NYC probably 7 years ago or so ... of course when in New York you gotta visit your pals! It was so nice to see her and catch up, seriously had been way to long!! Heart her! Oh and see how swollen my face is? Yeah ... should I even be pointing that out? Lol!

Photobucket

After several days in NYC it was time to end my stay and board another plane for Arizona! For my last day in Brooklyn we decided I couldn't leave without having lunch at Nathan's ... known for their hot dogs! So filling my belly with a yummy hot dog I was ready to say goodbye to Anna and her familia! They were so great and kind to me ... my extended familia and I love it!

Unfortunately even though I was ready to leave NYC, NYC wasn't ready to let me go. There was so much traffic on the way to the airport that I missed my first flight which as you know for me ... Miss Always On Time ... it made me a little crazy, but I was able to get on another flight so I shrugged it off as a "it is what it is" moment. So I settled in at my gate with a soothing white mocha and decided to ease my nerves with a little E-reading heaven.

My flight was scheduled to leave NYC at 5:30 pm ... and as you know they usually allow for boarding a lot earlier, which wasn't happening with this flight. I attempted to check with the attendant at the boarding gate 2 times, but apparently there was a bigger crisis and she told me I'd have to wait until she was done dealing with it before she could answer any of my questions. Rudeness! So I patiently waited, slowly getting nervous because it was 5:27pm ... and no word on what the hold up was. I checked the teleprompter about a million times, I was at the right gate with the right flight ... at least that was comforting so I thought.

I went up a 3rd time to the counter to see what the hold up was and the attendant finally tells me that my flight was moved to Gate 1 (I was at Gate 5) .... uh excusey?! Gate 1! Wholly freak-out!! I ran .... I mean ran ... to Gate 1 and the plane had just taken off! I was so upset! Seriously big mistake on Delta's part! I literally lost it! Lol! I went up to the counter again to get my flight changed and the soonest they could change my flight was for the following day! I couldn't believe it! Missing 2 flights in one day?! Had to be some sort of a record!

So I called Anna through my tears to tell her to come back and get me that I was to be in NYC for another night! I was stressed, my luggage was on it's way to Arizona ... all my memories were in that bag so you can imagine my OCD that night knowing that my luggage would be sitting in Arizona just praying someone wouldn't steal it! Luckily, I was able to check online that my luggage was grabbed in Phoenix and on hold for me .... PHEW!

Another sweet Anna's mom moment, with no pj's to sleep in, she managed to have some brand new bloomer style pj's for me to sleep in that night! So cute! Check out how styling I was! (Side note, not the cutest pic of me but what ev ... with the good also comes the bad!)


Photobucket

Awe, the joys of traveling! Many memories to last a lifetime! Anna is the best, and I'm so glad that she is a part of my life! She was definitely such a support and rock for me in NYC, thank you for keeping this girl sane! Love you!

Next stop: Phoenix, Arizona

PS - I got to my next day flight super early and actually got on the plane! Yay!

Besos! Go.Be.Love

3 comments:

  1. omigosh, the flight drama! i've been dying to hear this all, i. can. not. believe IT! you poor thing...please tell me your stuff was in AZ and it was all good! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! When I got to Phoenix it was being held, locked up ... thankfully! But I was sweating it because it had ALL my memories from Spain, if it was lost or stolen I think I would have had to been checked in to a mental hospital! Phew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cannoli those pastries look good!

    ReplyDelete